Thursday, 18 April 2013
TOMS began selling eyewear with the same model
In 2011, TOMS began selling eyewear with the same model. For every eyewear
purchase, TOMS now provides medical treatment, prescription glasses or sight-
saving surgery to those in need.
On March 19, sophomore Katie Jones started a new organization on Missouri State
University’s campus called the toms shoes sale Initiative Club after English professor
Tracy Dalton sent out an email to the Office of Student Engagement proposing
the idea.
“I met with (Dalton), and it just kind of exploded from there,” Jones said.
“TOMS really matches up with our public affairs mission and it’s just a great
organization that Tracy and I felt like Missouri State needed to be a part of.
”
Jones said she plans to be barefoot everywhere on campus except the dining
halls all day today.
“I hope it opens up opportunities for me to be able to talk to people about
TOMS and tell them about the common reader next year, all while promoting the
TOMS Initiative Club,” Jones said.
The new club, according to Jones, will be an opportunity for students to reach
out to the community through service projects while participating in TOMS shoe
and eyewear initiative events during both the fall and spring semesters.
“This year, I want to spread the word about it since we just started,” Jones
said. “I’m hoping it will just blossom in the fall and then, when next spring
comes around, this will just be widespread all around campus.”
http://tomsonsales.webs.com
http://www.footballjerseysuk.co.uk
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment